Dental assisting is an outstanding career for someone who is a stickler for details, driven to help people and enjoys hands-on work. Dental Assistants are an important part of any successful dental practice.
ATA’s Dental Assistant program will prepare you for a successful career as a dental assistant. Dental Assistants perform a variety of jobs, including patient care, office management and lab duties.
In addition to the basic coursework for dental assistants, ATA also provides:
- CPR certification for healthcare providers through the American Heart Association
- Kentucky certification in Radiology Safety and Technique
- 300 hours of externship in a dental office
- Hands-on lab experience at an actual dentist’s office
- Instruction from dentists and dental assistants
- Training in 4 handed dentistry
ATA’s Dental Assistant program is a 10-month program that consists of 56 credit hours.
- ANA 105 Basic Oral & Facial Anatomy (4 credits)
- DEN 101 Intro to Dental Assisting (4 credits)
- DEN 140 Advanced Operative Procedures (4 credits)
- Oral surgery
- Pedodontics (children’s dentistry)
- General dentistry practices
- Endodontics (root canals)
- Orthodontics (braces)
- Periodontics (gum disease)
Gainful Employment Disclosures
Standard Occupations Classification (SOC)
More information about careers and occupations can be found at O*NET (http://www.onetcenter.org), the nation’s primary source of occupational information. Use the link below to learn more about Diploma Dental Assistant: www.onetonline.org/link/summary/31-9091.00