About Echocardiography Technology
This program is designed to provide advanced training to sonographers, medical doctors, and other qualified health care professionals who have the desire to cross-train to expand their technical skills.
An echocardiographer explains the echocardiography procedure to patients, prepares him/her for the examination, and then administers it. As part of the echocardiogram, the technician obtains images in real time, performs the necessary measurements on the heart and its valves, and then provides this information to the cardiologist, who makes the best possible diagnosis based on the findings.
This program prepares the student to take the registry for the RDCS credential and to perform echocardiograms. This specialized technical knowledge and training will provide the student with the best foundation for employment in the field of echocardiography.
Who can enroll?
- Evaluation and acceptance by the Admission Director or School Director
- Successful completion of a Diagnostic Medical Sonography program (proof required)
- Completion of the health care provider statement/medical release forms
- Completion of the Background Check
- Completion of the Drug screen
- High school Diploma or GED equivalent (proof required)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Signed Social Security Card