Our faculty members do more than teach their specialties, they work in their specialties. We select instructors whose day-to-day duties ensure they are knowledgeable and up-to-date on the most current theories, practices and technologies of their field â€“ and who also possess a gift to teach that information to students.
Don Jones, President and CEO
Don Jones is a proven leader with a happy outlook on business and life who consistently raises the bar for ATA, the faculty, staff and students, all while wearing his signature smile. Since taking the reins in 2006, Jones has led ATA into new territory by updating their identity, expanding the college campus and adding new programs, accreditations and financial aid, not to mention nearly doubling the student body in his first year. Quality medical education, retention, career services and compliance are at the top of his priority list.
Professional Experience and Certification:
- BS in Industrial Technology, Western Kentucky University
- 20+ years of experience in manufacturing management with Fortune 500 companies
Jason McNabb, DMD
Program Director for Dental Assisting
Dr. McNabb is a licensed dentist with a family practice located in Louisville.
- DMD, University of Louisville
Ronnie Turnmire, BBA (HCM), CPC
Program Director for Medical Coding and Medical Office Specialist
- AAPC (American Association of Professional Coders)
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- Bachelor’s Degree, Business Administration with Specialization in Healthcare Management, Minor in Human Resources from Florida Institute of Technology
- ICD 10 Proficient/ Certified
- 12 years of Medical Coding/ Billing Experience
Elizabeth Taylor, BS, RT (R)
Program Director for Limited Medical Radiography with Medical Assisting
- ARRT Registered Technologist with background in Diagnostic and Interventional Radiography
- Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Radiography
- KY Radiography General Operators License
- 15 years experience working in Radiology
- Member of the American Society of Radiologic Technologists
Susan C. Livingston, BSN, RN-BC
Program Director for Medical Assisting, Phlebotomy, and the Patient Care Technician programs.
- Board certified in medical-surgical nursing (RN-BC) through the American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from the University of Louisville School of Nursing
- 24 years of Nursing Experience
- 10 years of Teaching Experience
- Teacher of the Year in 2007